Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fabulous Blogger Feature!!

Happy Saturday Friends,

What a jam packed week it has been! Meetings, Storybook Festival at my school, and the weekend doesn't seem to bring much relief. The good thing is it will be an "enjoyable" busy weekend and the weather here is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! :)

Today I am featuring Elizabeth...

from The First Grade Jungle Room!!
The First Grade Jungle Room

Grade or Subject You Teach? 1st Grade 

What inspired you to become a teacher? At an early age, I felt called into ministry.  However, I felt God calling me to work with the children in my community.  Therefore, I based my life around kids.  I truly have a passion for children!  I went into the education field even with others were telling me not to because of the money and all.  However, I can not imagine being anything else!

Describe your teaching "personality": I would have to say that my teaching personality is very loving and hands-on.  I feel that children need to know that when they come to school that they have a teacher that has their best interest at heart.  I try to understand where my students are coming from by giving them time to share with me stories.  I obtain a good relationship with not only my students but also their families.  Additionally, I try to incorporate a lot of movement and hands-on activities in my lessons.  I get very bored easily and so I try to keep my classroom lively by not doing tons of worksheets but instead using practical but beneficial activities that gets the students and myself out of our seats.  

What is your favorite subject to teach? I absolutely love teaching Math!  I have always had a passion for Math and actually excelled in Math when I was in school.  It is just something about understanding numbers and being able to use manipulatives that makes me enjoy teaching this subject.  I feel that I am a better Math teacher than I am Reading because of this.  I hope I am able to instill my passion for Math onto my students.

What made you decide to begin blogging? I have had a personal/family blog for a few years, but I was never a consistent blogger.  I have fallen in love with reading blogs and spend many hours doing this every week.  This past school year had many firsts, and I decided I needed to create something that would allow me to remember certain things – funny moments in class, breakthroughs in class, what works and what doesn’t.  I want to be able to take from blogging and grow to be a better teacher.  I teach for the children, and I want to be the best I can.

If you could give one piece of advice to your fellow teachers & bloggers, what would it be? Always remember why you became a teacher - for the kids.  Times may get tough and things may change, but we have to keep the children in mind when it comes to our job.

Finish this sentence: You know you're a teacher when you go to Wal-Mart and end up talking to more kids than adults.

Any personal links you would like to share with readers (TPT, TN, Pinterest, Etsy)? 

A BIG thank you to Elizabeth for letting me feature her!! If you are interested in being featured for Fabulous Blogger Friday, please email me at fsuteach81@yahoo.com.

Have a Super Saturday!!,

No comments:

Post a Comment